Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Eid - Day 1

I've got about 1.5 hrs left before I head off for my second leg of Eid fun-ness!

So what happened on the first day of Eid:

Ate awesome rendang! Enough said.

Got to meet my extended family members that I haven't seen in years. I saw my granddad, my aunts and my uncles. I also got to play around with my stepmom's awesome camera. Took a million photos of the aforementioned rendang, and four pics of my granddad :P

Visited my grandmother's grave. I always get a bit melancholic when I visit her grave. She's known to be quite fierce amongst all her grandchildren, but she always spoiled me and my brother. There was once I wanted a cassette of my favourite artiste (OMG I'm so old) and on the release date, she accompanied me to a few cassette shops to look for it. Unfortunately because it was so new, they didn't stock it yet, so I changed my mind and asked for my second favourite artiste's cassette instead. And she still bought me that cassette! So yes, I miss her a lot.. and I always tear up a little bit when I see her tombstone. It's such a shame that my younger brother and my younger nieces and nephews never got the privilege to meet her :)

Travelled 6 hours in total for a 3-hour visit. But it was more than worth it :)

Today we'll be doing a 5-hour trip to Alor Setar, staying there for two nights, before heading back home again on Friday.

No comments: