Sunday, August 21, 2011

I'm home :)

I'm now back in Malaysia for three weeks :)

It's funny how it seems like such a long time but I'm quite sure it's gonna fly by in a blink of an eye.

My trip from Southampton to London Stansted was a trek! I had to take two buses, taking five hours in total. The first bus was late by an *hour*, and my layover before my next bus was also an *hour*, so that was a bit nerve-wracking, but I managed to catch the second bus (thank God!) and it all worked out in the end, so it's all good :)

At the airport, my mission was to get my brother some Flake chocolates and my dad wanted some cream for frostbite(?). I spent a good 30 mins or so just to find out that the airports no longer stock Flake chocolates, and I had no idea what my dad wanted so I had to abort the mission. In the end I just bought some Toblerone instead :P

Because I had wasted so much time faffing about, I hurriedly had to find some secluded corner to eat my Krispy Kreme doughnut and leftover pasta bake (it's Ramadan :P) before people began to board the plane.

All in all, my journey to get to the plane ran according to plan. It's just that everything was so manic and rushed; it was a definite departure from my mental image of relaxing in the lounge sipping a cold Coke (at a secluded corner, of course), surfing the Internet on my laptop before I leisurely stroll out to board my plane.

I took the AirAsia X flight from Stansted to KL LCCT this time round. I've heard lots of mixed reviews about the flight, so I guess I was bracing myself for the worst, but it's actually quite alright. Except for the smelly toilets and a wailing kid in the middle of the night, the flight was surprisingly pleasant. The chairs were nice and comfy, but I guess that only applies to people with Asian builds (i.e. short and small :P). The Spanish guy next to me had trouble sleeping the whole night. Speaking of the Spanish guy, he ended up borrowing my blanket throughout the flight. Did I tell you that you had to buy your own blanket for the flight? Well I brought my own, which I ended up not using in the end, so he asked to use mine instead :)

If he was hot, I suppose I would've chatted him up or something. But he wasn't. The air steward, on the other hand, was quite hot, but I was too embarrassed about him serving me food in the middle of Ramadan, so I didn't chat him up either :P

I had brought a novel, a magazine and a newspaper with me, in preparation for the long entertainment-system-less 13 hour flight, but surprisingly I only had time to read the novel and that was it. The rest of the time I spent eating (:P) and sleeping (unsuccessfully). The flight was a bit bumpy around the Indian Ocean, and unfortunately the travel sickness pills I took weren't as effective as I had hoped.. :S

But anyway... we finally landed at KL in good time. It was 31 degrees Celsius, so I was quite glad I had a T-shirt on. I got my luggage OK and I was greeted by my mom, my *two* dads and my two brothers. It was the first time I'd met my stepdad. He bought me a rose :P

What do I say about my stepdad? Hmm.. He looks like a good guy. Compared to my previous stepdad, this one definitely seems a bit more open to me and my family, which is nice. He's a Scorpio though, so I'm always on alert for any unexpected traits ;)

Another cool thing is my mom's now wearing a head scarf.. hence why I couldn't see her at the arrivals hall :P

So now I'm at home, and I've had my first dinner together with my "new" family, i.e. me, my brothers, my mom and my stepdad. I'm still not sure what to call him, to be honest. So far I've successfully managed to dodge that by *not* having to call him. But I guess at some point I'll have to decide on something.

He's made so many changes around the house. My room used to be really empty. But now, instead of a single bed, I know have a massive double bed. There are now two picture frames of flowers on the walls, and I now have *two* sets of wardrobes - not that I even *have* that many clothes to fill them with! I also have this half length mirror which has some wiped out scribbles made with lipstick on it.. weird.

So yeah, so many new things have happened while I'm gone. It seems to be for the better :)

While I'm in Malaysia, I plan to meet a few close friends and get back into the routine of helping out around the house. I also need to see my boss at some point. It would be nice if I could grab some time to go out and have fun on my own, but I guess I'll need my brother to drive me around for that. Ooh, he's got a job now as a trainee, which is starting on 6 Sept :)

My brother's all grown up now, so proud of him :D

I wonder when am *I* going to grow up..

He's sad that I bought him Toblerone instead of Flake :P

I feel a bit disjointed here at home. Like a stranger at my own home. Is that normal?

Ah well.. I guess I'll settle in soon enough.

No comments: