Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Post-tour Buzz

Second day of Student Welcome-ing!

I was assigned to help with the Meet and Greet session at Heathrow this morning. So I woke up at 5am(!) this morning so that I could catch the 6am bus from Highfield Interchange to Heathrow. Then when I got there, I stationed myself with a (broken) lollipop sign with 'University of Southampton' written on it. It was fairly boring, but in hindsight, I probably did the least amount of work compared to those who were actually ticking off names and giving out luggage tags, so yay!

Then at 10am, we left Heathrow and went to the students' halls of residences. After we dropped them off, us helpers finally finished our shift bang on time at 1pm! So I had lunch then I went to my second shift of the day - the highlight, really - which was the City Coach Tour.

:) :) :)

What words can I say to describe how much I love doing these tours?

Today was an amazing day to do the tour. The sun was out, and it was nice and bright, and I had this massive smile plastered on my face. This time, thanks to the meticulous notes I made yesterday (courtesy of my OCD side) I managed to go through my script with barely a stumble! It was awesome! Amazing execution.. I love it when my hard work pays off :)

On a side note, I think I was a little bit harsh to the International Office staff who was also on my bus.. I hope she didn't take my tone of voice to heart..

I don't know why doing these tours give me such a joy in my heart.. I guess being a know-it-all just gives me one big massive thrill :P

No comments: